The Barn booking terms & conditions
Please read carefully and keep safely for future reference
Booking, Confirmation and Payment
We have tried to make reserving at The Barn as a positive and hassle free experience;
- You can book as far in advance or as close to the date as you like, but of course the longer you leave it is less likely that The Barn will be available,
- If you book more than 4 weeks in advance we ask for 25% of the cost of the stay as a non-refundable deposit, the remainder is due 4 weeks prior to the stay which is also then non-refundable. We will remind you but if we do not receive the balance we will assume you no longer want the cottage and we will cancel your reservation.
- If you are booking within 4 weeks of your stay we ask for 100% of the cost of the stay as a non-refundable payment.
- By making a full or deposit payment you are accepting these terms and conditions.
- Our preferred method of payment is by bank transfer, via PayPal or cheque. Credit cards can be accepted if none of these payment methods is possible.
- Please ensure there are sufficient funds in your account as we will need to pass on to you any bank charges for refused payments.
- Once we have received your payment in cleared funds, we will then send you confirmation of your reservation and ask that you inform us (within 7 days) if any details are incorrect,
- If you want to add something later just get in touch.
Cancelling or changing your reservation
If for some reason you need to cancel and change your reservation we’ve tried to make that easy too;
- Your deposit is non-refundable should you wish to cancel your reservation and for cancellations within 4 weeks of your stay the full payment is non-refundable. Let us know as soon as possible so that we can make every effort to contact others that may want to stay in the cottage at that time,
- Let us know you need to cancel either by phone, email or post.
- If you use email or post and you don’t hear from us within 3 days please get in touch again in case of technical difficulties,
- If we do re-book the cottage for the whole or part of your intended stay we will refund the relevant proportion of your payment less an administration fee of £40,
- If you have booked other services or activities then we will refund this as long as it is cancelled more than 2 weeks before the stay.
If you need to change the date of your stay we will be as flexible as possible to accommodate your wishes; dates can be amended up to 4 weeks before your stay for a charge of £40 and subject to availability. Within 4 weeks of your stay this will be treated as a cancellation (see points above).
You are strongly recommended to take out holiday insurance, personal liability, personal accident and medical expense insurance to cover any such eventualities.
Once your reservation is confirmed we will make every effort to provide you with The Barn experience you have booked. However in extreme circumstances outside of our control (known as Force Majeure and which includes type of events for example such as; natural disasters causing flooding or fire) we may be forced to offer you an alternative property or even cancel completely.
During your holiday
The Barn, The Gym and the gardens are very precious to us; once you visit you will understand why. So please bear in mind:
- Accidents do happen but please take reasonable care of the Property and its contents; basically leave it as you found it. If you do break or damage anything please let us know so that we can remedy it for you or at least for the next guest.
- Whilst we do not take a formal security deposit we do reserve the right to charge you for additional costs incurred due to repair, replacement or loss as a result of damage caused during your stay. These charges can include but are not limited to; costs for excessive cleaning required if the property is not left as you found it, costs for repair or replacement due to damage caused, costs for what is considered as unreasonable use of utilities such as electricity based on the experience of previous seasons.
- By making a full or deposit payment you are accepting these terms and conditions and therefore you are agreeing to pay for such repair, replacement or loss as a result of damage caused by you or member of your party. Costs will be billed to you by The Barn after your stay, and will need to be paid within seven days of receipt.
- The Barn is arranged for a particular number of people to enjoy the experience, this can only be exceeded in exceptional circumstances and by previous agreement as it deters from The Barn experience for all.
- Dogs are allowed at The Barn at no extra cost. However they must not be allowed upstairs, on the furniture or left alone in the Property, it’s not fair on your pet or The Barn.
- To allow us to fully prepare the cottage you should arrive after 3pm and vacate by 11.00am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed with us.
- The Barn and Gym are no smoking areas.
- During your stay please consider others; neighbours (if there are any), the owners and the next guest.
- To allow us to provide a great experience the Property Owner or representative will need access to the Property during the period of your stay.
- If the worst happens and we have to ask you to leave because of your behaviour or, even worse, you decide to you do not want to stay for the duration of your reservation this will be treated as you cancelling your reservation and we therefore we will not be able to refund or compensate you in any way.
- As well as The Barn, please take care of your own items during your stay; Guests’ personal belongings and vehicles (together with their contents) are left at the Property entirely at your own risk.
The Barn’s Responsibilities
The written confirmation The Barn establishes a binding contract between you and the Property Owner. We will do our best, to give you, our guests, prompt assistance in the unlikely event of any complaints or claims.
In what we would very much hope is the unlikely event that you are unhappy with any aspect of your stay, you should contact the owner of The Barn soon as possible (and in any event within 7 days of the end of the stay) with full details of the problem.
Before you go to the trouble of making a complaint please bear in mind that the Property Owner is not responsible for any aspect of your holiday other than the accommodation, services and activities booked and held at The Barn and not for any other aspect of your holiday booked through third parties.
You should have an enjoyable and memorable experience whatever the weather but please note that if you are subject to inconvenience due to weather conditions, it is with regret that the weather is one of those finishing touches for which we cannot accept any responsibility.
Please inform us, prior to booking, if you or any of your party has a disability that in any way might cause access or mobility issues or simply reduce the enjoyment of their holiday. We can then advise you on the suitability of the property for your party and so prevent any disappointment on arrival.
Our pricing structure is designed to be as easy as possible for all.
- Errors do occur though so we reserve the right to correct any error
in advertised and/or confirmed prices.
- The prices stated in any of our literature are cash prices in pounds
sterling. We request all payments are made in pounds sterling.
Communication and Information
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, all personal and other information and details collected by us in the course of our business, belong to us and will not be disclosed to any third party in connection with a reservation.
- Provided you have not indicated otherwise, we may use your personal information for marketing our services in the future. We will in any event never transfer your details to any other third party.
- If you ever wish to be removed from our marketing lists at any time in the future, then please contact us.
This contract will be governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Barn address for all communications: Bridge House, Fairford Road, Downington, Lechlade, Gloucestershire GL7 3DL